Department of Computer Science
Cal State Fullerton
P.O. Box 6870
Fullerton, CA 92834-6870
From 1991 to 1997, Dr. Cong was a member of the Computer Science Faculty at South Dakota State University, where he reached tenured Associated Professor position. He served as an Associate Professor at Department of Computer Science in Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo from 1997 to 1998. Since August 1998, Dr. Cong has been a faculty member of Computer Science Department at Cal State Fullerton, he received early promotion and tenure in 2000 and 2001.
Dr. Cong served as the CTO (Chief Technology Officer) for Angel Engineers, a technology company in Silicon Valley from June 2000 to August 2001, where he supervised all the R&D efforts and several major projects. During the period, he provided IT training in US and Asia. Dr. Cong is a SEI authorized CMM Lead Assessor (ID Number 0200861-A), CMMI Lead Appraiser (ID Number 0300298-1), and CMMI Instructor.
Software Process Engineering, CMM and CMMI, Parallel and Distributed Processing, Computer Network, Network Security, Graph Embedding, Design and Analysis of Sequential and Parallel Algorithms, Neural Network, and Heuristic Search, Web-based Computing
Served as a member of the following Program Committees:
· The 11th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems (PDCS'99). Nov. 3-6, 1999. MIT. Also served a member of Program Committee for PDCS' 98 , 97 , 96, and 95.
· (PDCN'99) The 1999 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Networks, Dec. 15-17, 1999. Hong Kong. Also served as a member of Program Committee for PDCN'98.
· The 1999 Asia Pacific Web Conference (APWeb99).
· The ISCA 1998 International Conference on Computer Applications in Industry and Engineering (CAINE'98) .
· The IASTED 1996 International Conference of Networks.
· The ISMM 1996 International Conference on Intelligent Management Systems.
· The IASTED 1996 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing.
· Mid-Continent Information and Database
Systems Conference (1994, 1996).
Served as a session Chair for the following conferences
· International Conference on Computer Applications in Design, Simulation and Analysis (1993).
· ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (1993)
· IEEE International Conference of Computing and Information (1995)
· IEEE Southeastern Symposium on System Theory (1996)
· IASTED International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems (1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001)
· ISCA International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing System (1997)
· ISCA CAINE'98
· PDPTA (1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001)
· Trade-off Considerations in Designing Efficient VLSI Feasible Interconnection Networks, University of North Dakota, May 13, 1994.
· How to Connect Millions of Computers Together, Featured speaker at the 2nd annual Mid-continent information and database systems. May 22, 1994.
· Distributed Computing over Internet, Five days seminar at Zhengzhou University, China, August 21 - 25, 1995.
· Introduction to Neural Networks and Their Applications in Image Processing, EROS Data Center, Souix Falls, SD. Oct. 26, 1995.
· Design of Versatile Interconnection Networks, Southern Methodist University (SMU), Aug. 22, 1996.
· International Perspectives on Effective Teaching, Bush Faculty Development Workshop (South Dakota State University), Aug. 26, 1996.
· Network Embedding and Applications, Chungnam National University, South Korea. May, 1997.
· Scholarship of Chinese Education Ministry 1984.
· Who is Who among Students in American Universities and Colleges 1988-1989.
· Who is Who Among America's Teachers 1996
· International Who is Who of Information Technology 1997
· Research Grant Award at SDSU 1992-93, 94-97